Wolf6151 all Offense Mock Draft.
1. Derek Sherrod-OT, the Duane Brown-LT experiment comes to an end, he's good at run blocking but mediocre at best in pass blocking and a LT's main job, and the reason they make more money than anyone else on the O-line, is because of their pass blocking ability to protect the QB's blind side. We can move Brown to LG or to RT, thus improving 2 positions with one pick and O-line is the biggest weakness on the offensive side of the ball.
2. Kristofer O'Dowd-C, Myers is a Kubiak guy and doing a decent job this year but he's still undersized and an upgrade is never a bad thing.
3. John Moffitt-OG, this might require a little luck, he could go at the end of the 2nd or top of the 3rd round but I think the Texans will pick in the 12-14 range so he's a realistic possibility. I really thought that Caldwell would own the RG spot my now, so it's disappointing that he's still rotating with Brisiel. If he doesn't start right away then he's at least a massive upgrade to our depth.
* The O-line is our only major weakness on offense and these guys should be starters by midseason thus upgrading our quality and depth.
4. Terrance Tolliver-WR, I had high hopes for Jacoby Jones this year and he started off well but has since been dropping balls and will be a FA at the end of the year that's not worth a high priced contract. Tolliver has decent speed and is 6'05" and in the mid rounds will be much cheaper than Jones.
5. Clint Boling-OT/OG, I originally had Steve Schilling-OG here but we'll most likely lose Rashad Butler to FA and will need another backup OT. Boling can also play OG and should be a good utility O-lineman improving our depth making Studdard and Brisiel expendable.
6. Andy Dalton-QB, Leinart will be gone at the end of the year and Dan O stinks. Dalton has size and will give us someone to put on the practice squad for insurance.
7. Mario Fannin-RB, over the last couple years we've learned the importance of having a decent RB on the practice squad. Fannin has good size and average speed but he can also catch passes which should work well for screens and outlet plays.
I know it's heavy on the O-line but that's our biggest weakness on offense and we need better quality starters at several positions and better depth. Sorry no CSU players and no TE's.