Thread: Team Cowher
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010   #30
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Cowher

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
So, you've said on your blog that you refuse to talk candidates until the end of the season (which is smart, IMO), yet, at the same time, you slam the idea of Bill Cowher.

Ok, so who do you want? Who are your choices? I think your idea of waiting until after the season to start thinking about the next choice is a wise move. But, you seem to know, already, exactly who do don't want.
I'm sure I'll break eventually and do a candidate entry - don't want to get left in the dust, heh. I just don't see the point because he's not going to get fired anytime soon, and the field of candidates isn't complete. I'm going to take my time deciding who I want, because I don't want just a different coach - I want the RIGHT coach.

Right now - and it's way early - I would consider (no particular order) Coodinators: Leslie Frazier, Sean McDermott, Rob Ryan (Ryan has taken some convincing but others have kind of turned me on to him).

Experienced HC candidates - I like Gruden a lot, but like Jimmie Johnson I think he likes being a celebrity as much or more than he likes being a coach. Cowher would easily top my list if he came with LeBeau. If it's just him AND he wants personnel control, as he's rumored to want - he's on my list, but way down it. I think John Fox is a good coach. He hasn't accomplished much in Carolina, but he hasn't had much talent to work with.

In short - I have NO idea at this point because it's way too early - and I'm not at all convinced that Kubiak will be fired, unless they finish 6-10 or worse, and even then I'm not convinced.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote