Thread: Team Cowher
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010   #29
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Cowher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
1. Can I have a link to where COWHER said he would like to coach here? The only thing I ever recall is from an espn.com beatwriter that said a source told him if an opportunity with the Texans or Bears ever arose that it would "excite" Cowher.

2. In regards to whenever Cowher has said (on air as an analyst) how great Andre Johnson is or how good Matt Schaub was last year... that doesn't mean he wants to coach here. If that were the case, every single analyst on TV would be in the HC discussion talks for our team. AJ is the best, Matt Schaub was great, Arian Foster is incredible, Pollard has incredible ball skills. Okay maybe that last part was exhaggerated.

3. Cowher and the HC gig here in Houston is "the only one that repeatedly comes up" is because we're the only fans desperate enough to run with a quote from a beatwriter from a year ago that has an unnamed source that BC would be "excited" about an opening with us... and another team! On top of that, other teams that have had a link to him have been shot down (I think the Bills?)... while the Texans nor Cowher have said a single thing because our organization/owner hasn't indicated for once that a HC position here might be available anytime in the near future.

4. I'm not a Cowher hater. I really really want Kubiak to succeed here. If for some reason, Mr. Kubes has to go, I would definitely be excited about the opportunity to have Cowher as HC here. I love his passion and fire... and his resume/success. I think he'd have a good ability to hire assistants under him, I think we've got a great base/foundation in place and I think we'd see success. BC would be my #1 choice as a replacement. But I'm not calling for Kubiak to get fired, I want him to succeed first and foremost.

You have got to be kidding me. You are STILL waiting for Kubiak to "get it"?

No offense, but you seem like one of those people that are afraid of success.

We all want Kubak to succeed here. But he's not. It's been been FIVE YEARS.

FIVE.

Look at the NFL this year. There are no dominant teams, and a lot of teams that are in the middle. Guess why? Parity.

Any team in the NFL can break-out and make things happen.

No excuses.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote