View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010   #1463
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The money was obviously found because the city didn't want to lose anymore of its teams. And the Toyota Center wasn't built under Lanier's watch (a new basketball arena failed). I see the three teams as different circumstances. From stories from my dad and people on this forum, I won't blame the City of Houston for the Oilers leaving. Just Bud's old greedy self.

They formed the harris county sports authority soon after the oilers left.

http://www.houstonsports.org/about/history/

Now maybe if this venture was formed prior to the oilers leaving, then maybe something couldve been done, but it was formed when they were in the process of leaving. I won't de-rail this anymore, but you can read up on it and then go archive some of the houston chronicle during that time.