View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010   #1460
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
What does my age matter? That's always the easy excuse. I've read enough about what happened from members here who remember it and looked up some stuff myself. The Dome sucked, but Bud got all the renovations he wanted just a couple of years before demanding a new stadium. Now what city would build a new stadium after just renovating a old one that they are still paying for today? What kind of sense does that make? And Bud didn't even contact the Rockets about the dual stadium thing.
It does matter because you weren't watching the news and listening the dialogue going back and forth between the mayor and adams. Bud thought about moving to jacksonville and the city re-upped the old ass dome. That was putting a band-aid on a severed leg. After the band-aid wore off, bud started looking again and the mayor took it personal and called his bluff. Tennessee came with a deal,lanier said go to hell, and bud left. If not for the bumbling mess in La, houston sould stil be teamless. Soon as Bud left, the city found money to build the scrub astros a stadium before the rockets. When it was reported les might leave for virginia, the toyota center came about with the help of the harris county stadium thing. Point is, I'm not saying your age doesn't lend to a perspective, but thats like me telling people about how average I thought Dr J was. He was average to me because when I started watching him from 1981 till he retired, he looked average to me. His best days were in the cba and early nba, but for a soon to be 40 yr old, he looked average in those years. So yeah, age does matter somewhat.