View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010   #1400
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
TO be perfectly honest investing 700 million dollars into a perpetual money machine doesn't mean that you can't then run said money machine pinching every penny possible. I'm not saying he is or isn't cheap. I'm just saying that I keep seeing his purchase of the Texans thrown out as evidence that he isn't cheap and that doesn't prove a thing.
Well, put it like this, if he doesn't step up to the plate & shell out however many millions he did & successfully bring an NFL pro team back to houston, We might very well still be without one.

I know some might think to themselves that that's probably not a bad thing right about now but the fact of the matter is that he did that & he didn't have to. He could've just went about his way & kept running his other successful businesses.

Either way anyone tries to spin it, the guy spent his own money to make it happen & that to me is not someone who's thinks that money is his only concern. Did he look at the dollars and cents of it? of course he did, he's a billionaire business man.