View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010   #1356
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak doesn't play to win, he plays to keep it close and have a chance to win...

in the 4th quarter. Hear me out. i first noticed this last year when I compared Kubiak's style a track coach who tells his runners if you get in the lead and start pulling away , slow up until the other guy catches up. In the same way if you get behind run hard until you catch up. I did not realize how far this attitude in buried in Kubiak's pysche. You see it game by game, they don't do anything to lose the game early. We always start slow. Then if we have an opponent we can dominate we come back strong to get close again. It happens too often to be a coincidence.

Kubiak this philosophy MIGHT have been OK at the very beggining when taking over a 2-14 team but not now. I personally don't like this style EVER. If you can bury a team early do it and then you don't have to go to the 4th quarter in what basically is a coin toss. Guess what if you BURY a team early you have a better than coin toss chance of winning.

If the Texans are close to .500 say 4-4 we play this way. Last year at the end of the season we were well below .500 so he needs to change to try and get to .500. Ever wonder why once we got good enough to compete we seem to be right around .500.

Kubiak has said it many times we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is all I ask. The only problem with this is guess what the other team has a chance also. COIN TOSS!!!! I wonder what the odds are in a coin toss.

I would guess the Texans final record will be close. This is still the coaching staffs goal is to keep it close and try to win it in the 4th. With this philosophy this team will be , guess what a .500 team.