View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010   #1352
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Did you even READ what I posted? Look, I'm not saying McNair is a good owner, he's proven otherwise I think. But he isn't cheap. He sank a lot of money into purchasing (bribeing) his way in the fold with the other owners and put some of his own money into the stadium. He isn't ****ing cheap.

He may not be a good owner, but he certainly isn't cheap. If you want to blame a lack of signing free agents, blame Rick Smith and Kubiak for for that, not McNair.
McNair didn't bribe anybody.

LA was awarded the expansion team, but had to come up with nearly a billion dollars. They had a deadline. They scrambled, couldn't come up with the money and blew the deadline. The NFL called McNair and told him he was next up. He basically said, "Is that all?"

And he wrote a check. And we have a team.