View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010   #1267
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not at all what I said.

I said don't compare us to those teams.

I said compare us to the Cardinals (not since Wisenhunt took over, but since Denny Green took over & I think you'll see a lot of similarities), the Lions, or the 49ers.

And the simple fact is the Texans come up short when compared to all but a handful of teams over the last 9 years. The last thing in the world anyone can offer as an excuse after 5 drafts and 5 years of free agency is "But look what I had to start with".

Gary could have coached any of those teams to a bright, shiny .500 record and a bunch of bone-headed highlights and "It's on me" press conference moments. Not one thing more.

The only comparison I'm interested in making with the Texans is to teams that win consistently and contend for the title year in and year out. If we're not one of those then we've failed. If Bob McNair doesn't see it that way then he's cut out to be a profitable NFL owner but not a good one or a winning one.