View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010   #1252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Thunderkyss,

If, somehow, they finish with 10 wins and make the playoffs... even 9 and the playoffs (not gonna happen), I'll go with you down this line of thinking. But, 5 years of unfettered opportunity to build the team, get the talent and coaches in place... he has to cash that in. If, after five years they can't accomplish one 10 win season, then either they are acquiring the wrong talent, aren't developing the talent well, are unable to scheme to win, or are making other costly decisions detrimental to the franchise. Last year, I believed Kubiak deserved one last season, with his guys, to prove whether or not he could do it. So far, I'm thoroughly disappointed.
I've never said any different. If he got this thing turned around in 3 years I think he would have done an amazing job. If he did it in 4, good job. If he does it in 5...meah.... not bad.

But if he can't do it in 5, he can't do it.

I wouldn't say I'm thoroughly disappointed. There are reasons this team should be 2-6 right now. There are reasons this team should be 7-1. We're 4-4...... Not as good as it should be. Not as bad as it could be.

He's got everything set up against him (IMO) to have to do some damn good coaching to pull this off (6-2 over the next 8). If he's a damn good coach (& I think he is) he'll do it. If he's not, he won't.

Whether or not he'll be here next year isn't even a concern for me right now. I've got no control of that. The only preference that I have (that he stays) is conditional on how we finish this season.