View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010   #1249
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's all about perspective.

I liked what Marinelli was able to do in Detroit. I don't agree with his firing. But they've been messing around with coaches while keeping a bad GM & they hadn't been able to build the foundation a franchise needs until Marinelli got there. I like what Shwartz is doing there. I think he put together a good draft, had a great offseason & I think he will do well if they allow him the time to finish.

How long does it take for a coach to "finish" the job, TK? This question has nothing to do with Schwartz or Kubiak.

How many years of .500 type of football do you think is too many before you fire a head coach?

In my opinion, if you haven't gotten it done (atleast the playoffs) after four years you need to be examined very closely.

It was a toss up last year. Kubiak's new DC, the guy he wanted all along, had improved the defense and found a way to find new play-makers (Cushing, Pollard, Smith). The problem was that the defense was unable to be consistent, they started the season off giving up 24 points a game and heavily contributing to a 2-3 start.

The offense was atrocious in the run game, but yet had a passing game that could move the ball extremely well. The offense was rarely able to score as many points as it should have, mainly due to their issues running the ball. On top of that, the defense wasn't always helping the offense out, giving up 20 or more points in 4 of our 9 wins.

I understood why they kept Kubiak for one more year. The team didn't have the 'finished' or 'together' feel to it, but it looked like it was coming along pretty well. The offense, while unbalanced, was again amongst the best in the league in yardage, and the defense was improving enough that there was some belief in the coaching. While I was not completely confident in Kubiak, I was ok to watch him have one more go 'round at it.

This year it's completely different for me already. The defense is close to, if not the worst defense I have ever seen. We are letting people both move the ball for first downs and score on us like it's part of the gameplan. Our offense is finally starting to show some balance. Our running game is off the charts compared to anything we have ever had under the Kubiak era. The passing game, while down from a year ago, is still effective despite the injuries to Andre Johnson/OD and the poor pass blocking. But despite this balance, we still have to deal with Kubiak and his oddly timed playcalls and forgetfulness (Arian who?).

I have seen enough. I guess 5 years is where I really, truly draw my line.