View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010   #1240
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Easily the most depressing thing I've read this season.
It's all about perspective.

I don't think you can compare our franchise to those. They've had success, they had vets, who knew how to be vets. If you put Kubiak on any of those teams when those coaches took over, no doubt in my mind they would have had as much success if not more.

We didn't have anything. What we did get in the expansion draft, Capers & Casserly pretty much dumped before the 2-14 season.

Compare this club to the Detroit Lions of 2002, the 49ers of 2002, the Cardinals of 2002. & what we've got here isn't very much different.

The Cardinals of course seems to be the best franchise of that bunch. Denny Green IMHO left a much better team for Wisenhunt than Capers left for Casserly. I don't know that Green couldn't have taken the team Wisenhunt took to the Super Bowl. I think Green was let go to early & that team would look better now, if Green was still there. Wisenhunt (IMHO) isn't as good as putting a team together (at least he hasn't shown it) than Green was.

That's the fear I have, of losing Kubiak. This team is good enough (IMHO) to get to the play-offs & make a strong push for the Super Bowl. Looks mediocre now, I know.... we're dealing with adversity (everybody does, every season) we're getting ours now, & I think it'll all work out in the end. We'll make a Super Bowl push & I like Kubiak & Smith keeping that going next year, and the year after, and the year after.

I liked what Marinelli was able to do in Detroit. I don't agree with his firing. But they've been messing around with coaches while keeping a bad GM & they hadn't been able to build the foundation a franchise needs until Marinelli got there. I like what Shwartz is doing there. I think he put together a good draft, had a great offseason & I think he will do well if they allow him the time to finish.

I liked what Mike Nolan was doing in San Francisco but they fired him too early (expectations too high). I like Singletary, I think he would have had more success taking over a more veteran team. If he gets fired in San Fran because of what they are going through now (which I don't think they would be going through with Nolan) he may not get a chance to be a head coach again.

This is our 9th season. The most success we've had in the last 9 years, is a 9-7 season. It doesn't make sense to compare Kubiak to Ryan who took over a 9-7 team with pro bowl guards & a history & tradition we can't even compare....

Or an Atlanta Falcons team that had been to the NFC championship game in that 9 year period. Or a Miami team with a top 10 defense.