View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #188
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Funny how you didn't make the smarmy comment before yesterday's game. After the Colts game, it didn't look like Foster was going to get much work. Hindsight is normally better, and certainly easier, but whatever.
Well, if you came away from that game thinking Foster would suddenly become an afterthought in the Texans offensive game plan, that folly is on you. It was one game, a game in which the Texans trailed, and every time he touched the ball he made things happen. You are guilty of letting your fan frustration affect your fantasy football analysis. So what if he got fewer touches than he should have against the Colts? He still got 24 touches and 27 fantasy points! And you're advising people to trade him?!?!?! That is crazy talk.

He leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage and rush+rec TDs, he's the top-rated player in most yahoo leagues, and he shows no signs of slowing down. There are only two guys I'd trade him for, and even then I doubt I'd make that trade as both Peterson and Chris Johnson have brand name value that makes them slightly overvalued for trade purposes. Simply put, you'd have to give more than Foster to get one of them in return, when they should all be equally valued.

When you have a breakout stud that you drafted for great value, you hold him tight and make others overpay. The last thing you do is trade him away. Think Priest Holmes....
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote