View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1210
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I think my frustration pendulum is swung over where it is starting to be funny. t I couldn't help but laugh

I had a mental image of the bolder part

Quote:
Along the way, someone will get hurt and he'll be replaced on the roster with the next anonymous, nondescript, shitty player with ties to the Denver Broncos or Purdue University. The Texans will head into their final two games needing one win to get to .500 or go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, and they'll finish out at home with a win against Jacksonville.

Why?Because Kubiak is 4-0 in meaningless season finales as Texans head coach. It's been enough to keep him employed, but last I checked the fans don't pay big money for a post-game ceremony of Kubiak raising his W-2 over his head like the Lombardi Trophy.

No one is getting any satisfaction. Texans fans have never been able to feel good about this team for more than a week or two at a time. It has to stop. No more post-game press conferences of "It's on me. We gotta go fix it. We gotta get that corrected." It's time for Bob McNair to have a press conference where he talks about fixing things, and then goes and fixes them.

McNair doesn't need any film, he just needs a game program. Propaganda doesn't cover up the numbers. The Texans are 4-4; Gary Kubiak is 35-37. It's not going to change, because Kubiak won't change. He's a .500 coach. The Texans are a .500 franchise.

That shouldn't be good enough. It can't be good enough.

So yeah, the Texans played the Chargers yesterday. They lost. Big deal. See you at 8-8.

Quote:
Every home game Sunday, the Houston Texans put out a free publication called the Tailgate Times that gets handed to ticket holders and media members as they pull into their respective Reliant Stadium parking lots. It's essentially a four-page piece of upbeat Texans propaganda, a printed trailer if you will to the main-feature myopia of the game program.

Perhaps the headline (right next to a picture of tight end Owen Daniels in a three-point stance) of yesterday's Tailgate Times should have told us everything we needed to know about how Sunday was going to go:

"Owen Daniels Back better than ever"

About 45 minutes later, in the press box, we were handed the list of inactive players for the game yesterday afternoon. Chief among them on the Texans side of the page:

"81 TE Owen Daniels"

Back. Better than ever. And inactive. It was all downhill from there.

it is not funny but it is at this moment to me

Quote:
The view the Texans' secondary had all day
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...ton_texans.php