View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1188
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Well, half way through our fifth season together, I am afraid I must acknowledge it is time to part ways. There are simply too many irreconcilable differences. I just can’t do this anymore. We are at a point now that our splitting is no longer an “if”, it is a “when”. The longer this relationship lingers on, the more pain and anguish all parties will suffer as a result. I wish Gary well… I really do. I will always root for him.

READ THE REST HERE
Halfway through the season... Already saying your farewells.

Why did you get married in the first place? What made you hitch your wagon to this ball & chain? What's changed?

At the end of last season, I said, "if the Texans start next season building on what they've been doing this season, it will be the first time in Kubiak's tenure."

I don't understand it, but every year, it's been something else. Last year's offense was nothing like the year before, when we "had a running game" We lost our starting guards & we changed our running philosophy. Less Power O, less Iso, more ZBS.

This year our big play first down game is gone, don't know what happened to it, & while last year we started on fire one game, then cold as ice the next game, this year it's been ice on the regular.

Changing to Dennison? maybe.

Defensively we're playing about as well/poorly as we did last year. Not really a whole lot of difference considering we've consistently poor offensively.

Hopefully, yesterday's game is a sign of things to come. We ran all over the #2 defense, threw the ball pretty well against them as well, from the word go.

It's hard to say that was a good showing from the defense. But, the way we've played in the past, that really was an improvement (sad I know).

But if you think about it, Tennesse with their veteran corners didn't do any better. Neither did the Raiders, the #3 passing defense, or the Patriots. Doesn't make it better..... doesn't mean we're any good.

I'm not using it as an excuse or anything, but I believe we are dealing with a little adversity (& have been since the overtraining thing) & we're doing okay.

We've got to get better, no doubt about it. We've got to play better, no doubt about it.

Scoreboard is all that matters & we've got 8 more scoreboards to look at before it is all over.