View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1187
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

in the midst of mediocrity i'm again losing interest. we still have 4 division games left so there's reason to remain optomistic and let the season play out before making any decisions. i'll never be a "soaper" because i'll never change my avatar lol, but i'm running low on reasons not to be.

i completely agree with hervoyal, and said nearly the same thing a few days ago before "drunk edit". at the beginning of the season many including myself were excited that "kubiak finally has his coaches" ... we were wrong. his coaches dont work. bob mcnair needs to see that and make the necessary move or moves, beginning with a stronger and experienced GM. someone like parcells with the pedigree, attitude, and huge network of players and coaches that could make better decisions about bringing in the right pieces.

this obviously is mostly on defense ... finding a coaching staff that could do more to seperate kubiak from the defense. with all of the picks and free agent money we allocate towards the defense each season, we have to be better. he might get head coaching offers, but as the cowboys continue to quit, wade phillips would be the ideal in my opinion. considering we're actually more built for a 3-4 defense IMO, a change in scheme would be a positive. we cant continue to win every single game on offense and hope the defense can keep from losing games by themselves.

on offense, stop adding new OC's every other season ... heck, drop the OC position entirely. the more we filter what kubiak wants to do, the worse we get. our most creative playcalling on offense was kyle shannahan's first season as OC, and i doubt many (if any) will say that kyle had much control at all - kubiak was running the show. very different look this season with dennison calling the shots, all passes are either max protect or dumpoffs.

in conclusion ... a GM instead of the "yes man" that smith appears to be. a real defensive coordinator and a slew of better position coaches. drop several offensive coaches and the OC position entirely - more offensive control to kubiak, less defensive control.