View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1186
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Later today, we will work on the tape studay, video, etc... But, for now, I simply had to resolve the state of my relationship with one of my all-time favorite coaches. Here you go:

Divorce is sad, depressing, and sometimes unavoidable. I argue with Barrett all the time about commitment. I happen to believe that, committment, in itself is a moral good. Committing to things and people despite the difficulty they present builds character and honors life, I believe. Many sports fans see their fandom as an escape from reality. I do not. Certainly, I see it as entertainment. However, I am very passionate about football, in particular, and I look for symmetry between football and life. I love it when a player, team, a play, or a season tells me something about life. For instance, I love it when effort is rewarded. Or, when sacrifice pays dividend, I am moved. I even revel in the immense disappointment tied to a season of almost. All of that speaks to the human condition and to the things I grapple with in my life. I have enjoyed the humanity displayed by Gary Kubiak. I have rooted for him, believed in him in the difficult moments, and suffered through the disappointments, not afraid to hope again the next week and the next season, risking further crushing disappointment.

Well, half way through our fifth season together, I am afraid I must acknowledge it is time to part ways. There are simply too many irreconcilable differences. I just can’t do this anymore. We are at a point now that our splitting is no longer an “if”, it is a “when”. The longer this relationship lingers on, the more pain and anguish all parties will suffer as a result. I wish Gary well… I really do. I will always root for him.

READ THE REST HERE
Disgusting LOL, Glad to see you coming around.

DM if Uncle BoB would hire an experienced proven winner to run this organization. Instead of guys that have to learn on the job. Then you wouldn't have to go through these range of emotions.

Face the facts as they are. Smithiak have built a nice little team full of good KIDS. Who are never going to win anything as presently constructed.

I will never root for the Texans to lose. But if they fell flat on their faces the rest of this season. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Because it would force Uncle BoB to to take the necessary steps and purge the team of the front office and hopefully hire competent people to run this organization and hopefully the new regime will get rid of plaers who dont seem to care. (I'm speaking to you OkOye)