View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1178
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This is realistically the way that I see things going down. McNair wants to keep Kubiak even if he coaches the Texans to 7-9 or 8-8.

He would rather get waterboarded than make a head coaching change. If Kubiak stays, then McNair would have no choice but to bring in a strong GM who would bring in a strong DC.

Kinda like they did in Cleveland when they brought in Holmgren who still kept Mangini.

I'm not so sure about that.

You know, under those circumstances I would not be adverse to seeing Kubiak return. Before you laugh and point at me allow me to explain.

I still believe that a head coaching change would be inevitable but hiring a strong GM and forcing Gary to accept a defensive coordinator who knows what he's doing would put the Texans in a much better position than they're in now.

Look at the defense as it is today. Are they the hopeless bunch of bums we're seeing this year or are they the group that ran around for the last ten weeks of the 2009 season kicking butts and taking names? Well, if we had any idea what Frank Bush was capable of doing then we might be able to judge that but since nobody knows whether Frank Bush has a clue we can't tell if we've got a shit scheme or shit talent.

An experienced GM and DC would make all the difference in the world and possibly even extend Kubiak's coaching career here. After all, despite all the boneheaded moves he's made in games the Texans would probably be sitting on at least a pair of winning seasons (in the 10-6 range, not just 9-7) if we'd had a defense that could stop anyone in the past three years.

I said when he hired him (Frank Bush) that Kubiak would live or die by that decision but maybe he doesn't have to. At least not right away.