View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1177
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
It is heartening to hear that at least one person in the organization understands Smith is part of the problem. The perception of his performance certainly exceeds any evaluation based on the product on the field, players and coaches alike.
The only thing Rick Smith is good at, IMO, is the term and amount of money at which he signs players. Injuries to Daniels and Ryans are proving that his method of NOT redoing contracts too early is wise, in terms of finances.

And this, IMO, is what will keep him as GM even if Kubiak is gone.

McNair is a businessman first and foremost. People can delude themselves all day long about how this isn't true and he really wants to win, and blah-blah-blah. Yes, to a degree he wants to win. But the business side of him is the dominant personality, IMO. And that's why Rick Smith is like Jesus to McNair, who is the Father. Forgive me, God, for even making that comparison. But the idea has merit: Rick is the faithful son who is doing his master's bidding.

This is why I say that we're going to have to hope that we stumble upon the right head coach. Because I don't think McNair could find one on his own, on purpose. It's going to have to be a luck situation. Just catching the right guy at the right time. To me, this team is going to have to find a way to reverse the whole culture of the Texans orginzation...and you're going to need a really smart, savvy, and forceful head coach who can trick the players into going against the mindset of the ownership/management.

Trickle down. drip, drip, drip, drip....