View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #1176
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
It is heartening to hear that at least one person in the organization understands Smith is part of the problem. The perception of his performance certainly exceeds any evaluation based on the product on the field, players and coaches alike.
I don't know that Smith being part of the problem is a given. I will agree it's possible but I think that it's not out of the question to fire Gary Kubiak and then see what another coach does with the players we have on our roster. I think there's talent there and I think that only McNair, Smith, Kubiak, and those immediately in their vicinity can answer the eternal coach/GM quesiton (that is "Did the GM get the coach bad players or did the coach take good players and do diddly with them?")

I think you could bring in another coach, keep Rick Smith on for another year, and then see what happens.