View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010   #1125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
The thing is, it's not like we have only two options:
A) stick with the coach we have for 30 years and hope he eventually gets good enough to win or
B) go thru a whole string of bad coaches every two years and never get better.

there is that third option that at the end of the season, this team takes a little time and tries to go after a HC and staff that have experience and could work with what we have as far as talent goes now.
That's not the point. Anything less than a strong play-off showing, I want Kubiak out of here.

The point is of the 4 teams I've mentioned, the ones with less coaching changes are closer to being true contenders (IMO). I believe that is because the stability allowed a base to be built.

Sooner or later, a good coach is going to build a team that anyone should be able to have success with. That's how you get your Eric Mangini's, genius one year, dud the next.

This team is at that point right now. Any competent coach should be able to take our present team deep into the play-offs.

Kubiak's got 9 games to prove that he is one of those competent coaches.... I think he is.

We'll find out.

Of course, if we're 11-5 or 12-4 & some how miss the play-offs, I'm not going to hold that against him. However if someone like DexmanC can figure out the scenarios that would keep Kubiak out at 10-6, Kubiak should as well, and coach accordingly.