View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010   #1085
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This team didn't even know how to play football before Kubiak got here.
Correction: This team, prior to Kubiak, didn't know how to build a better offense and gather the players necessary for it. And the GM was a doofus when it came to players' contracts. Both those things have been made better, by a mile, but that's NOT the current issue TK.

Look, TK, you are separating OFFENSE BUILDING and HEAD COACHING.

Two entirely separate entities.

Yes, a big fat "THANK YOU!" to Kubiak for creating this offense. He's a great construction man. But it takes more than building it. Period.

It's as if Kubiak is resting on his laurels. He's coasting now. "Hey, I built this $#@! thing, what more can I do?!?!?"

That's not what we need now. We need the guy who can stand a thousand feet above the ground and survey things and know what to do...for EACH AND EVERY team we face and how best to exploit their weaknesses.

Kubiak's obviously trotting his offense out there and saying "We're going to do THESE things and make them stop us." Of course, this begs the question: "Why didn't he do vs. the Colts in the MNF game that he was succesful with in week 1 vs. the Colts?" I need an answer, please. I don't wnat your spin. I don't want your theories.

ONE SIMPLE QUESTION: "Why, for the love of Pete Rozelle, did Gary Kubiak NOT employ and utilize the very same recipe in the second Colts game that he used in the second half of the Colts game during week 1?" In the second half of the Colts game, we utilized Foster. He didn't even get the rock in the first half of week 1. A little, I concede, but not like he did in the second half.

At halftime of week 1, they switched their tactics. To great success. I guess that tactic was good for only one half of football? Our opponent didn't change, TK. They didn't do anything in about 4 weeks of time that makes them able to stop the run. Our leaders, however, DID. They CHOSE to not run the ball.

You have to stop this argumentative mindset pertaining to whether GK is a good coach, or WILL be a good coach. The results are in. He's NOT. Great builder of offenses, poor strategist when it comes to planning for opponents.

That second bit is what gets him fired at the end of this season. The players can't overcome it. The guy built a Ferrari, but he decided one day to take thengine out and replace it with a Yugo engine. Then, one day, he decided to put the original motor back in. Then, he decides to take it out and put in a Prius engine. He can't figure out why the car won't drive. Duh.