View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010   #1009
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Couldn't. Agree. More.

This feels like the David Carr saga all over again. I honestly wanted to believe in Carr. I blamed it on the o-line. I blamed it on the receivers. I blamed it on the coach. But at some point, you'll have to question whether your blind adherence is legitimate or not.
This is nothing at all like David Carr. It was easy to see his short-comings. He never looked downfield, he ran into sacks, he had no idea what the defense was doing so he had to stare down his recievers to wait for them to get open. He had no working knowledge of ball placement.

Kubiak on the other hand. You can say that the play calling was atrocious. But we don't know what the play calls were. We don't know which ones Matt checked out of run plays into pass plays. Every body knows he has this capability. But every body thinks he'll be as successful as Peyton when he does this.

3rd & 2, 4th & 2... yeah, we could have run the ball. Doesn't make passing the ball a bad idea when you have Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, & the ball hitting the receiver in stride.

We're complaining about not running the ball... no one wants to talk about being 6 for 18 for 37 yards? David Garrard didn't have that problem. Vince Young won't have that problem.

He's not fire & Brimstone... he doesn't have a huge chin.... But he's doing a good job & we still have an opportunity to win 10+ games & get to the play-offs this year.