View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010   #973
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

The worst thing for this team is that it still manages to win some games and look impressive while doing it.

The running game of Foster/Ward, AJ, Schaub, and the come-from-behind wins vs. the Redskins and Chiefs, are all doing one thing: Preventing Bob McNair from pulling the plug on the Kubiak experiment.

It's sad that a man like Bob McNair has fooled himself into thinking that ONLY when we're 1-15 or 2-14 and the fans are all waving "Fire Kubiak!" signs in the stands during the games that THAT is when he needs to move on.

McNair is not a man who is ultimately passionate about winning a title. At least not for the sake of the title itself. He's man, IMO, who sees winning a title as a way to make MORE money. Every move is reactionary with the trigger getting pulled based on how it makes money or avoids losing money.

Right now, McNair ultimately cares about keeping things the way they are. Firing Kubiak would only complicate things. Because Bob runs the risk of making the team worse due to "a rebuilding phase" when what he has right now is at least somewhat tolerable.

He's stringing this out for all it's worth. He's milking the Kubiak cow for as long as he can. In addition, he gets painted by some as being such a loyal, patient man. When in reality, IMO, he's just a business man who likes things to be as predictable and profitable as it can get. If you get something more, then great. If you maintain and keep people int he seats, then that's OK too. But only when he sees half-empty stadiums and the stain of fans wearing paper bags on their heads and a chorus of boos, and the team completely falling apart will Bob McNair make a move.

Because Bob is reactionary, not proactive. And THAT is the exact same thing that Kubiak is. He reacts instead of being proactive. They are a match made in heaven for one another. They share the same gene: Do what you do, minimize volatility and instability, and hope for the best.

Throw in Rick Smith and his penny-pinching contract ways, and it's even worse.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: I hope we lose every game for the rest of the season, and Bob "reacts" by doing what he should have done last year. We need Bob to somehow blindly stumble upon that once-in-a-lifetime head coach that just finds a way to put it together. Whether it happens with the next guy, or the 6th head coach of the Texans, I don't care. But this thing with Kubiak is dead. It's the dog that you think can recover from the sickness, but you know you should just put down for the sake of the dog.

I have never advocated our team losing games on purpose. I am today.

Not even a win next Sunday changes that. Because a win next Sunday only prolongs the sham that is the Kubiak era. Take the kids to grandma's house, grab the pistol, have a few last minutes of petting the dog and telling it you love him, and then do what needs to be done.

It's that simple. At some point, you really DO have to trade these few good times we've had with this Kubiak era and just say "You know what? I'm all for seeing what someone else could do in his place. Good or bad, makes no differenc. A change of scenery is needed."