Thread: Depressed
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Depressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
For the first time in NINE years I'm thinking about missing a home game! Just don't know how much more I can take of this bullsh*t!! Probably my mood will change before Sunday, but, right now, at 0830 on Nov 2nd, I don't want to see another down of Texan football!! My obsession with this team has come to an end. My loyalty will remain because they are my home team, and I reserve the right to be passionate about them, but, when I feel so DOWN and depressed over a stupid football game, I need to refocus my thoughts, and my passion.

Sorry BC for being such a downer this morning, but, I've had enough!!! I needed to vent!
Sorry to hear. I've been there. Everyone has to find their own balance and what works for them. For me, I decided to stop spending money on the team. I watch every down of football, usually more than once, and I wear my gear and prop them up every chance I get. But I refuse to spend any more money on this team. I sold my PSLs and season tickets and now I have a great seat with an HD view, all the really good beer I want, the convenience of my own kitchen and restroom, and a pause button.

The losses still irk me, but I no longer actually feel depressed or pissed off when they lose. And as a side benefit, tuition is easier to meet these days.