View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010   #961
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

You know, the players always have a lot to do with whether or not a coach has success. You simply can't separate the two. Kubiak's poor decision making, however, has risen above the poor play of the players. The offensive line was doing a poor job of pass blocking last night, especially Brown. But they were doing a good job of run blocking. As a coach, it is your job to figure out what's working and use it to your advantage, and fix what isn't working at halftime, or after the game, or gradually, through a series of calls designed to do that. I was saying last night that I would have been calling almost nothing but runs, screens, and slants in the first half, and on every run play, my directive to the OL would have been to bury Freeney on every play. By the second half, he wouldn't have it in him to put on a pass rush clinic.

Instead, we got what we saw last night, because Kubiak is a freakin' moron. And I don't mean he's dumb - he's obviously smart. I mean he's the kind of smart that can out-think the most obvious, basic answer, and then wonder why the hell it didn't work.

I think Kubiak's coaching career has plateaued here in Houston. He isn't going to improve. Whatever external stimulus is needed to trigger some new learning mechanism for him just isn't happening.