View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010   #968
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 27729 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I disagree strongly with just about everything you've said on the last 2 pages, but I'll respond to this.

The reason most of us want Kubiak gone (at the END of the season) is because we don't think he has shown any signs that he can or will improve in the near or even distant future. It's not like he has been steadily improving. In fact, I doubt if he has improved at all. The team has improved a ton because we have a shitload of talent. And now it's the coaching that is holding back our talent.

The idea that if we just keep him around for another 15 years we will win the Super Bowl 4 times is outright ludicrous. You keep a guy for 20 years if he is a good coach and shows improvement each year. Kubiak is neither a good coach nor does he show improvement each year.

Your blind willingness to keep him forever (based on what, exactly?) is difficult to understand.
This is what will happen with Kubiak: the Texans will HOPEFULLY fire him if we don't make the playoffs this season (looking less likely we'll make it...this loss hurts). He'll go back as an OC, and in a couple of years he'll come back as a HC again somewhere else and be more successful.