View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010   #935
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.
that's exactly it. kubiak is so insistant on going against what works that he hurts us more often than helps. someone take him to vegas and let him lose all his money betting against trends. his thought process appears to be (and obviously not knee-jerk, this has gone on his tenure) - "sure muhammed ali is 25-0, but i'll bet against him because he's eventually going to lose and i'll be right".

there is no more simple game in football than against the colts. you run the ball. end discussion. if you can average even 4 yards, you run 70% of the game or better. dont get me wrong, kubiak coaches and teaches his offense possibly better than anyone else in football, and our success is directly because of how great he is in those areas. complete brainfarts like today dont take away how successful we are on offense with so little spent in terms of picks and free agents and money.

the opposite is true on defense. we've dumbed down the defense so much that it's full circle into confusion by having players required to leave their assignments to protect eachother. steve young - "their defense is so vanilla, i would love to play against the texans every week". i am in favor of pink soap, but it's in regards to defensive coaches. we have ZERO scheme and arent being taught well at all - as exemplified by the progressive decline of every new player. even our rookies regress each season.