View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010   #873
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
All i have to say is be careful what you wish for. For years aggie fans wanted slocum gone & they eventually got their wish. 2 head coaches later, It appears they still are in need of 1 & haven't been relevant on the college football scene for a minute.

I'm fine with either way Mcnair decides to go b/c on 1 hand, kubes has at least brought us to relevance, but on the other, he has had more than enough time to get us over the hump & hasn't been able to do it to date.
I'm not so sure it was as much as Slocum getting dimissed that hurt as much as around the same time other programs picked up.

A&M used to be able to recruit well out of California and once USC was revived under Carroll the California, the pipeline Slocum enjoyed dried up. I believe around the same time as well that Saban went to LSU and Stoops landed at OU.

I was a little surprised with the Franchione era, but then again his time at 'Bama from what I recall didn't produce a whole lot. Looking at things now Patterson was with Fran every stop before deciding to stay at TCU. Fran then levels off and Patterson maintains a very successful program. Just a thought. I also thought it was shady the way he left Alabama though. Reminds me a bit of Kelly bolting for Notre Dame.

Far as Sherman goes, I know part of the draw was being a former Aggie and his NFL pedigree was supposed to lure kids to College Station to go to the NFL. So far he hasn't been successful at sending players to the NFL like he was supposed to. I thought they should've looked for a guy that was a known recruiting ace. Though the program's talent is light years ahead of what Franchione brought it and seems to have a better idea of how to utilize athletes.

My question is to someone familiar with the them is how much leash is he on considering they seemed poised to make noise in the Big 12 South.

Far as replacing Gary and being sorry with the results. A lot of that is going to have to do with really seeing the caliber of GM that Rick Smith can be and getting a known person as your HC.

Aside from the obvious wants for Cowher, whom I think is likely headed to Carolina, Gruden (whether I am a big fan or not) is out there and I wonder what it would take to lure a guy like Marty back to the sideline.