View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010   #869
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There were just as many people who claimed that the won/loss record was a poor measure of a team. The "look and feel" evaluation of the game (by hometown fans, no less) was the most important indicator of a team's ranking in the NFL. Those people are also part of the 180 degree spin dance.

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around.
Absolutely not. I pointed to the stats many times last year, not saying it was more important that the W-L, but a measuring stick that can be used to measure the progress (or in this years case the lack) of the team.

You can also use them to compare one team to another (which is what they are used for most of all).

Last years stats showed me that we were playing good football in all three aspects of the game. But we were losing. Losing because of on the field player mistakes. That pointed to a maturity issue to me (unlike the Dallas Cowboys who are penalizing themselves out of wins (discipline)).

This year, we aren't playing very well at all in any phase of the game (the offensive stats look great (but if you were to take into account that we start slow & get those stats in the second half (4th Qtr) it points to very real problems), but we are winning.... which points to the maturity issue (if you ask me) being fixed (at least for now).