View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010   #844
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
No worries. Gives us something to talk about.

But, even in that post, I'm saying our best defense is our offense. Our D is suspect for all the reasons mentioned already. We have work to do on our D...... eventually we should be able to expect them to win a few games for us.

I'm just saying they have never been that for us. Not even last year, when their stats were crazy over the last 13 games. The offense did it's thing, which allowed our guys to go 100% in short bursts...
You have a good point, and like you said, something to talk about and it certainly makes me think from different perspectives. That's a good thing.

Jen mentioned in her thread about scripting plays. Do you think this contributes to the offense's slow start? As I understand the concept of scripting to be somewhat more reactive in that you're seeing what the defense has planned for, but does this limit the ability to adjust early in the game?

Three aspect of the WC offense that I've noticed are scripting plays to start the game, 80% or better for TDs in the red zone, and close games that come down to the end. This is exactly what we saw last week in the Chiefs game, and comes from the Bill Walsh tree of coaching.