View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010   #818
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm sorry if that sounds negative but this defense is that bad unless you are watching through TK's glasses.

It will take a good move before the trade deadline today or a miracle street free agent pickup to save this season. Kubiak's kids just aren't getting it done on defense.
I've made the argument several times, that if our offense gets us a lead early in games, that will allow our defense to fly after the ball carrier, and put some serious stops on our opponents. So far this season, we haven't given up more than 3 points when the offense held the ball more than 4 minutes.

Using game data that is available all over the place, shoot holes in that theory.

I don't understand why the game day thread of the NYGiants game go on & on about great hits our D got on Eli, talk about Antonio (or whoever) chasing Manning out of the pocket, but when the final whistle blows, and the final score is 34-10... everyone starts believing we couldn't pressure Manning at all. They forget that we opened the second half forcing the Giants to go three & out on their first possession, forced an INT on the second possession, & forced an INT on the third possession putting our offense on the 17 yard line which led to the only touchdown they scored on 13 possessions.

On the Giants first offensive possession, they totaled a negative 3 yards of offense.

I'm not talking about good defensive possessions, I'm talking about outstanding defensive possessions.

Looks more like a consistency issue, than a talent issue. That's all I'm saying.