View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010   #798
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Chris Carter says; C'MON MAN!

Of course the record counts. But this defense is horrible. Last year I could see the improvements even in the FAIL games. So why can't some see the FAIL even in some of these wins.
First, we gotta stop giving Chris Carter credit for "C'mon Man!!" That's Keyshawn's thing.

Second, we all see what's going on on defense. We all know we don't stand a chance going forward without some major improvements to play on the defensive side of the ball. We just believe that Kubiak sees the issues as well, and is doing everything he can to get it fixed. Others don't believe he is capable of getting it fixed, & are already calling for someone to get fired, even though we are 4-2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I am thrilled the Texans are 4-2, leading the division, curing cancer, kissing babies and all that jazz. Seriously, thrilled! It has been so long since I have been this pumped about the team, BUT, that is tempered by the reality of this horrible, briquette defense. Schedule says that we are in for some losses asap if that D is not turned around.
When we temper it with reality, I think it is important to understand we don't know what's going to happen next Sunday, much less 10 Sunday's from now. To say we can't beat the Jets is absurd. They ran across issues same as we did last year, if it weren't for the help of Curtis Painter & several injured Bengals, their season would have turned out a lot different.

Same with Baltimore, They're looking good right now, pretty strong. But they found a way to lose 7 games last year, same as us. We know what our problems are, we're going through them right now. What are Baltimore's issues? If they haven't gone through them yet, they will. Every team does.

& we (at least I do) have no doubt we'll be playing good football on both sides of the ball soon.

So to temper reality..... the team you saw the last six weeks won't be the team playing in Indy Monday night. I can guarantee you that. Will that team be better or worse than this team, I don't know. But I tend to believe it will be better.