View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010   #788
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Can you give examples? It would be interesting to see how the team fared in subsequent years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Marty S. comes to mind. He got fired after the Chargers went 14-2 and to the AFC championship game iirc.

Bum Phillips was also fired after going to the wild card game.
Cha-ching, JB. If memory serves the Chargers went back to the playoffs a couple of times right after that under Norv T. though with a less glamorous record. I know Houston went down the crapper after Phillips thanks in part to Ed "I'm too wimpy to make Dave Casper get a haircut" Biles.