View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010   #769
Ckw

Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I doubt there is a sunshiner anywhere who isn't concerned about our defense. Some of us (raises hand) are concerned about our offense as well.

But I'm not going to say it's about Wins & Losses one year & then tell you it's about consistency the next.

I also won't insult this team & say they don't want to win, or that they have no "fire" when they get beat from time to time like every other team.
I think you guys misunderstand the "Fire Kubiak Club." Sure, it is about wins and losses. But it is also about HOW you play the game and get those wins. Last year even though we had our first winning record in franchise history, we did not play the game how we needed to play the game, and that is why we did not make the playoffs.

Also, as another poster said, the wins and losses argument is incomplete. We haven't even completed the season. Some of us invision what the future will be like if we continue to play the way we have been playing in the past and present. It is not a pretty sight.

Finally, at the end of the day, the "Fire Kubiak Club" cares about one thing: playoffs. Some have used the term results but our interpretation of results needs to be clarified. We don't care about 4-2. Sure it is nice, but 4-2 could EASILY, with this schedule, turn into 6-10. We want playoffs, and we want to be shown a sign that this team can compete in the playoffs. If we get blown out by every big time team we face, sure we got to the playoffs but still can't compete in the playoffs. That is what we are after.