View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010   #764
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
First, I think all head coaches this side of Sean Payton or Belichick have to deliver. Payton because he did the near impossible, made the Saints S/B champs, and Belichick because, love him or hate him, he produces year in/year out.

Second, let me understand something; you're saying that less is expected from Norv Turner (who's 2-4 Chargers were expected to win the AFC West going away this year) than from Kubiak who, as you guys delight in pointing out, does not yet have a winning record as a head coach.
You're saying Turner gets a free pass on a 2-4 record (did I mention he's 0-2 in his division?) because he couldn't replace TWO GUYS??

Yet Kubiak must produce even if he has to replace all 53? Is that what you just told us?

Didn't we lose our starting LT and two WRs at times this year? Oh, my bad, only other teams get to make excuses.
I know more about Kubiak than I do of Norv, and if Gary is on his job,
I'll have nothing to argue about. If Kubiak's doing what he's supposed
to, you'll have no reason to defend him. The very fact you can't just
dismiss what I'm saying is illustrative of the problem. Kubiak is walking
a VERY FINE LINE right now. How prepared his team comes out at
Indy, a team they play TWICE A YEAR, with TWO WEEKS TO PREPARE
for JUST Indy, will speak VOLUMES about his preparation and coaching.

I'm a Texans fan. Kubiak must show me why I should be a fan of HIM.