View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010   #698
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Scooter's little statement about remembering 2 wins is exactly what I was talking about earlier about fans expectations and the front office's expectations. People are so afraid of what they were under Capers, that Kubiak's average seasons and inconsistencies are acceptable. All of his problems as a HC get ignored. If the Texans do make the playoffs most of the fans will act like we won a SB even if we get blown out as a WIldcard team and play uninspired. Making the playoffs will get this team a parade probably. This team's utter failures from the Capers era unfortunately has dropped expectations big time.
actually my little statement was to illustrate exactly what kubiak has done to get to the 4-2 record (division leader, heading into the bye to get healthy and fix some of these problems) that you and others are complaining about. fans like many read in this post and the largest portion of most gameday threads would ***** for days about the things we did wrong while winning a superbowl. "we'll never repeat because we only ran for 70 yards in this superbowl!!!", fire kubiak! or some other nonsense ... only slightly more absurd than your great parade for making the playoffs.

13-9 in the past season and a half, after being absolutely robbed of a playoff birth, and some raise hell to fire the head coach of the youngest starting 22 in the league. i guess where we are NOW, where we were LAST SEASON, and where i think WE WILL BE are no match for where we'll inevitably be according to those here.