View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010   #696
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
OK, now that it's sunk in, let me offer a bit of alternative perspective on that.

1.) This is Kubiak's team. He built it, he chooses who plays, and he's responsible for the result.

2.) Take a look at other teams in the NFL that have rebuilt their roster in similar timeframes and check their results. Sure, you have teams like the Saints, but you also have teams like the Falcons and Dolphins and now the Chiefs. Coaches don't get 5 years in this league without making the playoffs. Other teams can get there, so we damn sure need to expect it from ours.
1 ... i assume no sane fan will hold 2006 against him, and since then kubiak is 29-25 and currently leading the division (after being robbed out of a playoff birth last season). even with all of my reasons and excuses, that's the result. i know "Not For Long", and i absolutely hate it - especially with a team this young and with our potential tied directly to kubiak. but the result is positive.

2 ... no team has had our turnover. each team mentioned had (has) core pieces in place and were in better position to add players. parcells went to miami with an aged but veteran team and brought key free agents and coaches with him - it took 3 seasons to get "kubiak's" defensive coordinator and 5 to get his offensive coordinator. sure it sucks as a fan to take so long, but i'll be a fan tomorrow and 10 years from tomorrow. my perspective follows that timeline, this team is being built too well and is moving forward too well to get off of the ride - no matter how bumpy.