View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010   #676
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
It has nothing to do with fan expectations. The team extended him, and Kubiak has built this team into what it is. So Kubiak can get up there and talk about how Earl Mitchell is the type of DT they want, or that they think they'll be fine at the S position, or that they need yet another TE instead of help on D. But show me. If he actually thinks all that, then he needs to win with it.

Moreover, firing the coach in mid-season is just flushing the season down the tubes. There's still a chance that they can make the playoffs with a terrible defense, although that chance seems to be diminishing each week. And even if they do make it, they'll get their asses handed to them. But if you fire Kubiak in mid-season, the team is finished.

So start warming up the interview skills for the off-season and just hope in the meantime. It's all we can do.
Oh, I'm not suggesting that the Texans fire him in mid season. That would be a waste of time, because it would never happen any way. Although, that wouldn't bother me one bit, because at least I wouldn't have to worry about a playoff appearance saving his job and getting him a longer extension which it certainly will if the Texans make the playoffs. I can't stand Kubes, but I'm forced to root for him and this team with zero confidence that he'll ever take them to the SB and we've got a good enough roster to get there right now if we had the right HC to lead them.

This team is still the same inconsistent team that they were last season though. When physical teams punch them in the mouth, the Texans fold. They play for half a game, and it's just awful to watch an uninspired team that's such a reflection on their HC. This offense bails Gary's ineptitude out time and time again. Kubiak reminds me a lot of Mack brown, but at least Brown went out and got the best defensive mind in the country that could camoflouge him and GD's awful offensive play calling. Gary went with Frank Bush after Smith.