View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010   #626
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not disagreeing. Our defense sucked Sunday. 21 points in the first Qtr, 34 points overall. That aint going to get it on any Sunday.

My post was mainly to point out that the defense looked good in spurts. We have reason to be optimistic. It was originally in reply to another post saying they didn't have one good stand the entire game.

Honestly I'm still optimistic about this team but it is tempered somewhat.

The team has done some good things. The defense has done some good things.

I actually am not as down on Kareem as a lot of people are. I think he will be a good corner for us. If not by the end of this year, definitely next year. I like his open field tackling and even though he has gotten beat he is normally right there on the receiver. I think the pass rush is hampered by the fact that opposing QB's are able to hit their back foot and let the ball come out. They rarely have to hold onto the ball for long, and when they do we normally make things happen up front and on the back end.

What I am not optimistic about is the intensity and focus we bring each Sunday come game time. I just don't believe we will get that corrected any time soon. We may be able to win some games in spite of that, but more often than not it will lead to a loss.

I think we can beat the Chiefs this Sunday, but I just don't have a good feeling about this game..