View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010   #603
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I understand how you feel. I was just replying to GP's statement that the Texans are unable to adjust.

And I will have to disagree that "we got lucky." The Texans executed the gameplan on offense and earned the win. Lucky would be our right tackle performing a choke hold on the OLB on the last plays of the game. Twice. lol @ Alex Barron.
Executed the game plan? Which involved falling behind big in the first half and having Matt killed?

Part of was decent run defense the other part was DC unable to run the ball. Not to mention it took a heave throw on 4th and ten resulting ina jump ball that thankfully AJ managed to come down with.

Look I'll an ugly win anyday, but to think we went in and executed a game plan the entire game just isn't what my eyes saw that day.

They have shown they have the ability to adjust, but can't seem to be consistent on it. Same thing with Gary being able to manage a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I disregard argument that says this. Watch the games, & you'll see it's not true. Pass coverage is killing us, but it's definitely not the secondary. Even with Kj back there, his mistakes aren't the ones killing us.

Every team makes plays to the WRs, that's what they are supposed to do, so I don't over-react to one or two mistakes by Kj.

Lbs are killing us. You saw Cushing get a hand on a ball. Prior to the Giants game, Adibi is the only other LB to tip a ball, or be anywhere close to a ball thrown by a QB. Even Demeco's tip to Nolan in the Raiders game wasn't until the ball had already hit Murphy.

Watch other teams, see how many times LBs in coverage do their job & make it difficult for a QB to complete passes.

We don't have the best secondary in the league, but we don't have the worse either. Our zone coverages are crap & the CBs are doing a good job there... our safeties slightly worse, & our LBs are just terrible.

Like you said, I hope that changes with Cushing. But if he's the only LB who can attack the QB & defend the pass, I only see it getting slightly better.
Agree on our Lbers. I've said repeatedly that I like Diles, but his lack of foot speed is killing us over the middle. I'd really like to see him moved to the middle if the Staff just insists that Diles, Ryans, Cushing is really the best 3 we're got. I just know that isn't going to happen though.

I'm ust hoping more than anything that with Cushing back and getting reps we can have a LBer that can hold down the TE from completely killing us and he's the best pass rushing LBer as well.

Biggest problem is that its really not going to matter who lines up against Jackson, teams are going to target who he is covering. Athletically I think the guy has the tools to be good, just I think the staff made a big mistake in throwing him in the fire right away.