View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010   #604
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.
I disregard argument that says this. Watch the games, & you'll see it's not true. Pass coverage is killing us, but it's definitely not the secondary. Even with Kj back there, his mistakes aren't the ones killing us.

Every team makes plays to the WRs, that's what they are supposed to do, so I don't over-react to one or two mistakes by Kj.

Lbs are killing us. You saw Cushing get a hand on a ball. Prior to the Giants game, Adibi is the only other LB to tip a ball, or be anywhere close to a ball thrown by a QB. Even Demeco's tip to Nolan in the Raiders game wasn't until the ball had already hit Murphy.

Watch other teams, see how many times LBs in coverage do their job & make it difficult for a QB to complete passes.

We don't have the best secondary in the league, but we don't have the worse either. Our zone coverages are crap & the CBs are doing a good job there... our safeties slightly worse, & our LBs are just terrible.

Like you said, I hope that changes with Cushing. But if he's the only LB who can attack the QB & defend the pass, I only see it getting slightly better.