View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010   #598
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'll tell you that I think Singletary is a good head coach.
You're delusional, in my opinion (of course).

I think you admire the man, but then again you seem to admire Kubiak too.

See, this is a big problem for a lot of people: They fall in love with the person, and so they marginalize the actual production on the field. It's what got David Carr a pass for so long. In fact, I'll bet Carr is a 49er because Singletary thinks he's a great, honorable role model...forget what he's done in the past (on the field), Carr is a Christian and Singletary wants more guys like him.

It's the NFL. You either got it, or you don't. And outside of the initial win vs. the Colts this season, this team has looked disorganized and can't adjust to the other team.

Arian Foster is the reason we started off 1-0. Coupled with a Colts defense that had major injuries AND a lack of preparation for our running game.

Andre Johnson is the reason we got to 2-0. His catch on 4th down? Miracle.

It goes downhill after game 2. We're seeing that outside of some fluke advantageous situations (Colts defense and Andre's catch) our beloved Texans are mere pretenders and not contenders.

My thoughts are now consumed with whether we will be picking in the middle of the first round or the early part of the first round. And also if there will be NFL in 2011 at all.