View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010   #591
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
What do you mean when YOU say "good coach?"
When you think of a "good" head coach, does Singletary make your list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The reality is, Kubiak has got to get it (going to the playoffs) done.
His job is gonna come down to results, eventually, and it should be THIS
season.
I don't disagree with this post in anyway. IMO, this is it for Kubiak. It sucks he's got to get to the play-offs with this schedule, but he built this team, which we all think is good enough to do it. So, we'll see.

I believe in the 4 year term. But I believe some coaches will get it done in 3 years, some coaches may need 5. I don't see anything wrong with that. I believe the situation they inherited & the way they decided to build the team will be a factor in how long it will take. To take this team from what he had, to Super Bowl contender, considering he wasn't ready to be a head coach when he took the job, 5 years is acceptable.

If Kubiak doesn't get this team to the play-offs, with this schedule, believe me, you won't hear any excuses from me. But to act as though he has already failed, when we are 3-2 & won our only division game so far, against our toughest division opponent at that.... is a little premature.

Lastly, results... I also believe there are some teams that W-L records are the last thing you need to be looking at when determining results. On a team that has never won (the Houston Texans) there focus can't be on winning & losing. Talent level has to get to a certain level, and the level of play has to get to a certain level before W-L becomes the primary focus. To me, 2009 is the only season that the W-L tells you anything about this team. The Detroit Lions shouldn't be worried about W-L, the St Louis Rams shouldn't be worried about W-L, the SF 49ers & the Oakland Raiders don't need to be worried about W-L. They need to be focused on acquiring talent & learning to play football at the highest level. Other wise, you're going to end up with 10+ years of bad football.

Kubiak chose to build primarily through the draft, & young Free Agents. That already sets you up for a long transition. You don't have to agree with how Kubiak decided to build. Just acknowledge it. To judge him against coaches who went heavy with FAs is disingenuous.

I believe this team is a Super Bowl contender (to me that means they should be able to get to the play-offs and do well). We'll see if Kubiak where Kubiak stands as a head coach.