View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010   #566
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it time to fire the coach and defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you love Kubiak a whole lot, just enough not to ask for him to be fired after 4 games. You gave him 5, good for you, lol...

Firing coaches mid-season works in baseball and sometimes basketball because the seasons last so long. In the NFL, there's really no point in removing a head coach mid-season because there won't be enough time for him to change anything significantly enough to turn the team around.

The team is 3-2, so how about waiting until they have a losing record before saying the Texans can't win with Kubiak?

Do a search for all of my posts and tell me where, and when, I said Kubiak should be fired in the middle of the season.

Firing a coach in the middle of the season is a terrible idea, and rarely works. I have always argued that we should not have extended him. And, I am currently arguing that IF - repeat IF - we continue down the same consistent line of bull****, he should be fired AT THE END OF THIS YEAR.

IF - repeat IF - he turns this team around and gets us to the playoffs, then, I will have been wrong about him, and will admit it.