View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010   #552
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I noticed lots of times where our guys on defense are turning to each other, waving arms at each other, running to one spot and then realizing it's the wrong spot, and generally BARELY getting to a spot before the snap.

We had no clue, from a coaching standpoint to a player standpoint, what to do against the Giants offense.

When, all along, it was fairly obvious that all they were doing was throwing to Nicks on the sideline and/or Bradshaw out in the flats. Yet there was zero adjustment made by our coaches.

There's gotta' be something going on that we don't know about. There has to be some sort of shift within the staff and/or players that has got this group divided and easy prey.

They did not look like this last year. The rush defense was porous but that soon stopped. This thing, now, is just growing worse and worse as each week passes.

NFC East teams are devouring us like chicken wings. Whereas the NFC West teams (Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers) were soft, these NFC East teams are big, nasty road graders in the trenches. Just as we try to be built for stopping the Colts, it appears the NFC East teams are built to collide head-on with one another every year...and we just got in the way of the brawl.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like we just accidentally entered a really really bad bar fight between very large men with a high pain tolerance? "Excuse me, coming through, pardon me, uhh..ackk! What are you doing? NO! Oh dear God, please stop! Uggh. Ouch! Hey, that's not legal! Uumpph! Someone call 9-1-1! I'm one of Gary's kids! I'm a minor, he doesn't even know I'm here!!!"