View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010   #540
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I am re-watching the game rite now and I almost agree with you..our secondary and particularly Kareem Jackson are so bad it is painful to watch.

I still think we CAN beat pretty much any team with the team we have rite now, despite a terrible secondary.
Yes they need to improve A LOT or we need to make some FA move/trade if we want to make a deep playoff run but overall this is still a dangerous team.
Our pass coverage sucks, I'm not saying any different.

But we had 6 possessions in the first half, and put up 3 points.

No one thought our defense was going to win games for us.

If we had scored on just half of those possessions (two touchdowns in addition to our one field goal) this is a different game. We go into halftime, down 24-17.

We held them to 10 points in the second half. We had 6 possessions in the second half, we should have scored on half of them. Add another 10 points, and we're talking 34-34.

Forget the ifs... don't make a big deal, that I said if & should have.. forget about the defense.

We scored 10 points at home, & couldn't move the ball. That's the point.

We're talking about no pressure on the QB, I'm watching this game a second time, & I'm seeing plenty of pressure. I'm seeing a QB who holds his schitz together under pressure & makes things happen, receivers who work to their QB when things go wrong.

Then I watch our QB who is looking for the first opportunity to throw it away.

We're talking about our poor secondary, guess what, every other team has been able to exploit the Giants secondary... the Titans exploited the Giants secondary, just like they exploited the Cowboys secondary.

I think our defense is getting better. It's just too hard to see, when your offense goes 3 & out the majority of the time.