View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010   #527
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
As a fan that has watched Houston football since 1970. You are spot on.

I will also wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. .
I have been watching Houston football all my life and I turn 50 next month. My dad used to get free tickets when he worked at GAF next door to the Houston Post. Yes Herv you ARE spot on. But I won't wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Unless the Texans make a really good pickup in the secondary via free agency or trade this team is not going anywhere.

There is another thread on here that shows that the Texans are on course to set an all time record as the worst pass defense EVER. And that even takes into consideration they improve a little bit over the 1st 5 games. You can see teams now game planning against Kareem Jackson and our safeties. It will not stop until the Texans figure out how to fix the huge leak(s) that is in our secondary. This is the NFL.

Look at our remaining schedule.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bye
@ Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
@ New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
@ Tennessee Titans
@ Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars

I think away losses are likely at Indy, Philly and Titans. Denver and Jacksonville are toss ups. I think home losses are likely to the Chargers and Ravens. The Chiefs, Titans and Jacksonville are toss ups. I just don't see any better than 8-8 possibly 9-7 but more likely 7-9. Anybody that can pass can beat us. San Diego will slaughter us with Gates. The Jags might do the same with Lewis. Remember Vernon Davis last year when our defense was better? I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.