View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010   #511
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
As a fan that has watched Houston football since 1970. You are spot on.

I will also wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Thanks for putting into words what I am unabl to say. I wish I could rep you.

Do the Texans seem a little Oilerish too you?

The fan expierence aside (which was pathetic) I cant stand the arrogance of this team.

Yeah they do, but not "good Oilerish". They remind me of the latter Oilers, the Run & Shoot Oilers. That's probably because we keep hearing how we've got so much talent now compared to when Kubiak got here. I look at these Texans and I see a bunch of talent that can't play consistently. I see a coaching staff that's never been able to drag these guys (kicking and screaming if necessary) to a point where they really can execute on a consistent basis.

They quit from time to time. They take plays off and they tend to lose their composure when adversity hits. They talk a big game and say the right things but they play down to bad opponents and get manhandled by really good physical teams.

They commit a lot of penalties in "worst possible moment" situations.

The Moon era Oilers were a finesse team, The Kubiak Texans are a finesse team. Both had their gimmicky approach to offense (Run and Shoot versus Zone Blocking).