View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010   #494
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You're speaking as if we aren't going to make the play-offs this year. If that were the case, you're right, we need a change...... But to this point, Kubiak & crew has only had 4 shots at making the play-offs, they are on their fifth try now.
As I clarified in a subsequent post, that is exactly my premise. If the team makes the playoffs this year, then I'm not on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon. And as I also clarified, I want him to be around for a long while. I like the man. But this is the year - playoffs or bust.

After the Colts game, I thought privately to myself that I'd get excited when they played well offensively against a 3-4 defense. If this is the sometimes-on, mostly-off offense we'll see for the rest of the year, then we're done. If the defense continues at its current pace (and I see no real reason to suspect it won't), we're screwed.

So I guess my optimism has gone from cautiously optimistic to mostly pessimistic. I fully recognize that a good deal of that attitude is formed as a result of being a Texans fan for all this time. I mean, I'm somewhat intelligent. I can detect trends.